Ray render is a welcome feature in nuke as it accomplices with Reflection and ambient occlusion nuke ,and separate AOV's makes simple 3d scene and enhance a projection set up. Expecting a more 3d features in future versions.
Smart vector helps to put patches on complicated movements like cloth, character hand, mouth etc. It works very well on elasticity movements, Here some observations of the Smart vector toolset.
• smart vector render takes too long time
• dealing with parallax / edges are bit stretchy
• displaying frequent errors and pretty slow if we have multiple vector distort node
• having bounding box issues and
• lack of control of vector pass is pretty much disappointment.
Chroma keyer is a nice addition for Nuke keying tool as it utilizes Gpu makes faster than Primatte some times.
The new vector blur is advanced version and fast but it pretty much confusing and giving some unexpected results the old vector blur node was simple and straight forward.
• Roto paint is pretty much faster than previous versions
• Utilizing more GPU
• Stabilize on heavy node flows
• Writing Opencolor io directly on write node
• Improved overall performance
• Expensive price tag
• Required improvement in denoise and regrain node
• It would be nice if there is to paint previous frame paint in rotopaint node
• Rotopaint and gridwarp nodes are sometimes feels laggy
• Slow particles response
Nuke is fast and efficient software for the people who get their work done .For a hardcore nuke user we think bringing more 3d advance tools and faster performance in the future vesions will be much helpful.